Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Cob Web







As I weave together a magic elixir
to cure all the ills of my moth-to-the-flame patrons,
my eye catches yours as it did so many years ago.
In between the locked-in-look of one another
are the cob webs of our nights together
passing a cigarette back and forth in a celebratory puff
of mixing chemicals.
]
Caught in that old web is the memory of those molded
jade eyes casting a hint of fear and a sign of pleasure
 as your body squirmed around,
arranging yourself tighter in my grip.
]
Struggling to break free is the memory of that salty taste
of your skin as I crawled up and down your body
hugging the curves with my tongue and savoring
your flavor like a fine wine.
]
As our stare fades till be both turn away,
one last wink and smile from you lets me
know that it was always your intention
to be tangled up by me.

1 comment:

  1. In between the locked-in-look of one another
    are the cob webs of our nights together
    passing a cigarette back and forth in a celebratory puff
    of mixing chemicals.

    the people i tend to miss most are the people i've been on one side of that look with. celebratory puff of mixing chemicals...that makes me miss pre-teacher wild child sarah so bad it almost hurts. most of the cigarettes she smoked were in celebration of mixing chemicals. the hardest break-up i've ever been through was with her.

    hazel blended eyes - disturbing mental image of liquified eyeballs in a starbucks cup.

    you've given words to a moment that almost everyone has experienced but no one can really put into words. could you change the hazel blended eyes?

    ReplyDelete